Good morning everyone! I’ve got a new art journal page for you today, created using Basically Bare’s 5×7 Artful Journal. The watercolor pages are nice and thick and colors do not bleed through to the other side. I actually saturated this page with color.
- Stamp the stars using embossing liquid and then emboss with silver powder.
- Spray Ink Spot (by Art Anthology) or another dark ink onto your page, blotting and drying until you’ve reached the depth of color you are going for.
- Stamp your tree with Versafine ink onto a piece of paper, emboss with clear embossing powder, and cut out, leaving a wide margin. I painted mine with Art Anthology Ferrari and Parakeet Sorbet. I embossed the star with silver embossing powder.
- Add a trunk cut from a piece of paper and color with a dark brown paint.
- Die cut holly and snowflakes from cardstock. I painted the holly leaves and then embossed with clear powder. The snowflakes were embossed with silver powder.
- Stamp Merry Christmas in black ink and then emboss with green embossing powder. Adhere everything to the page.
- I outlined Merry Christmas with a white pen. I had also outlined the tree with a red paint pen but went back over it with a white pen. Next I outlined the holly leaves and snowflakes with a black Micron pen.
- Finally, outline the page with a red paint pen.
You are done!
Looking for Basically Bare products? Just go to our Website and sign up for an account (you’ll need an account to view pricing). And yes, we do sell at retail.
Basically Bare 5 x 7 Arful Binder
Art Anthology Ink Spot Colorations
Art Anthology Ferrari and Parakeet Sorbet
Technique Junkies Star Power and Merry Christmas 2 stamps
Sizzix Movers and Shapers Mini Pine Tree & Holly Set and Mini Snowflakes Set
Clear Embossing Powder
Silver Embossing Powder
Red Sharpie Paint Pen
Micron 03 Black Pen