- Hello everyone! Today I am bringing you a project that I am really hoping that you can get some kind of inspiration from. I was very excited when I received this in my design team package because I immediately noticed how sturdy this album was and I really wanted it to be something other than your typical photo album , scrapbook album, etc. I have seen different types of Lace Books, Doily Books, Fabric Books, but I wanted something to store the laces that I will purposely skip by when looking thru my drawer of laces only because they are the one’s that are soooo stunning (yes I know all laces are) but these are the one’s you don’t want to use in your projects only because I guess you feel maybe you will never come across them again, or idk what kind of silly misconception we have for doing this , that word everyone knows and isn’t ashamed to even say it lol (HOARDING)!
- I decided that this Artful Album would be the perfect size and I really like how sturdy it is. Here is the beginning of its transformation. This is the 8.5 X 11 binder (before)
- I began by applying a coat of white acrylic gesso to the edges that I would be painting.
- Then I painted the edges using Craft Smart Light Pink Acrylic Paint. I only painted the edges because I would be applying some design paper to the album.
- I then picked out some beautiful papers from DCWV ” The Primrose” stack & from Craft&You “Vintage Time” I adhered one beautiful pattern on the outer panels of the album. Then the beautiful printed paper in the interior panels,
- I then chose this stunning white fabric to cover the whole album
- I then began working on the inside. There are 3 tabbed chipboard inserts that come with the album it’s self. I had also received the Add-on Expansion pack, that you can get separately where I was able to get another piece of the same tabbed chipboard. Add-on Expansion pack. With these I made a template of a spool shaped inserts to use to wrap my favorite Venice laces/trims. Here is how I made the templates then adhered pattern paper to them as well followed by distress inks around the edges ( Vintage Photo & Victorian Velvet)
- I also had some other templates that were smaller to hold my smaller laces , so I just made the holes on them to align with the binder. You can’t see it very well on the photo but I used the acrylic piece that came in the expansion pack at the beginning of the laces. I wanted to just keep them separate from the front inner part of the album where I added a small colorful clothes pin to hold some journaling papers, just for added decor as well in the middle part of the inner binding I used this stunning ruffle trim and added some small rose cabochons.
Finally on the outside of the album, I definitely wanted to use one of the ” Basically Embellies” dress forms. They come 3 to a pack , sm, med, lg. Dress form die cuts. So I traced the dress form on the same floral paper that I used in the inside of the album. Adhered it with mod podge and added some beautiful white ruffled lace and pink lace with embroidered roses on it and added an adorable bow on front for a more dainty look. I also used a different pink embroidered trim on the edge of the album along with some pearl flat back trim. On the outer binding I sprayed some rosette trim that was white with some Lindy’s sprays ( Plumeria Pink) and added some ivory lg. Flat back pearls. As an added little something, I added this lg. Handmade stick pin. I
You can find all of the products that I used and more at http://basicallybare.com/shop . I truly hope that you like my project and that the many uses of these albums is endless. I know this will be one of my most treasured pieces and I hope I inspired you to think “outside the box” Peace, love , & many hugs!!